Skip to main content

Film Change

When planning my first film idea I found it hard to cast my characters and find the right location which was just wasting filming time and I felt as it wouldn't come out as well as I wanted it to. so after careful consideration I decided to change my film idea to something that would be easier to cast and film. I filmed a first draft over the Christmas holidays and have been playing around with the editing.


My idea is a young boy wakes up and everything is going wrong like there no toilet paper left or cereal and he hasn't got any pants left. Then when he leaves the house he finds a coin on the floor and then everything starts going well for him... too well. The girl he likes texts him back, he wins a scratch card, he gets full marks on a test. The boy starts to get a bit too cocky with his luck but then as he's walking home he finds another coin and as he bends down to pick it up he doesn't notice the car coming towards him.


This is my first draft of the first half of my film:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shooting Plan

I want to shoot most of it on different mornings or evenings as they're kind of the same lighting, slightly dull but the lighting isn't too dark. I will shoot over different days when I get the chance to and when my actors are free, they will be easy to get hold of. I will be able to shoot some scenes on the same day like the children and leaving his house etc.

Final Idea

My final idea is to have a man take a new route to work everyday and walks past a house with a high fence. He starts hearing small voices saying "10... 10... 10... 10....". He just ignores it and carries on walking. Each day he keeps hearing the same thing past the same house. He tries putting headphones on the block it out but can still hear it each day. Only on the way to work though not on the way back. One morning just before he turns the corner to go past the fence a lady rushes round the corner holding her eye, clearly in pain. Once he gets to the fence he hears the voices still yet they're saying "11... 11... 11...". He tries looking over the fence to see what's behind it but can't fully see what's on the other side. He keeps walking otherwise he will be late for work. The next morning he sees the woman again but walking on the other side of the road with a black eye, awkwardly looking over at the fence. He is now determined to see what's